Pandora's Box Lottie
Lottie is volunteering at Branksea Animal Shelter, helping to look after the homeless cats and dogs. One day a cardboard box is mysteriously left outside the front door with a hungry and frightened Persian cat inside. They decide to name her Pandora. Unlike the Greek myth, where a box brought unhappiness, here the arrival of Pandora is a cause for joy and fresh hope. Lottie helps to nurse Pandora back to health and make sure that her furry coat is kept clean and fluffy.
Lottie wears a duffel coat with pink polka dot lining, a pink corduroy dress with removable Persian cat patch and edged with blue stripes as well as striped tights teamed with brown and pink edged boots. A cat hat and cat’s eyes glasses complete the look.
Accessory Set Available! Pandora’s Box Lottie doll is a perfect partner for the Pandora the Persian Cat accessory set.
Nurturing and empathy
Adopting a shelter pet as a family is a powerful lesson in nurturing. Allowing children to interact with animals is a great lesson in the benefits of extending kindness to others.
- Lottie is a wholesome doll alternative for children aged 3-9; she is 7.5 inches (18cm) tall, so is very portable and easy for little hands to carry around.
- The key point of difference is that Lottie has a ‘childlike’ body – she doesn’t wear makeup, jewellery or high heels and she can stand on her own two feet (always a useful life skill for all girls, big and small).
- She’s all about letting girls be girls, doing all the activities a child would do, not growing up too quickly, and presenting a healthy view on body image.
- Lottie’s clothing is composed of tactile fabrics with lots of attention to detail, easy to dress and undress, with velcro fastenings.
- Her hair is lovely and soft; it doesn’t tangle and knot like other doll hair.
- Lottie has bendable knees with ball socket hips and arms; her head can move side to side and she can do the splits front to back and side to side.
- Lottie is presented in a giftable, illustrated and collectible ‘doll box bag’, with minimal plastic packaging.
- Launched in August 2012, she has won 12 international awards, including 3 Oppenheim Portfolio Platinum Awards.
- Recommended Age: 3 Years +